sábado, 2 de julio de 2022

Darkside updates.

A compilation of all the shit I've posted at the discord server. It really sucks the blog stays so barren, but I felt that this wasn't setup for tiny things to post here and there like you do in twitter, is more like for more important things, like updates and stuff. But I guess the only thing stopping me was; well me, who cares if the posts don't have titles? Or if how big or small they are, what's important is the content.

So here; and I'll try in the future to make a compile of stuff each week so it doesn't pile up.

What do you guys think about this one? Each time chibi has sex with a full arousal bar, at the time of cumming, her bar will deplete, but; each time the situation repeats, the bar gets depleted less and less to the point the bar stays the same. To simulate getting addicted to sex, where each orgasm satisfies less and less, until no matter how much sex she has, she's horny all the time.

  1. Well, now that I'm doing this, I realize that I've only been talking about corruption this, corruption that, but I haven't done anything code wise, other than declaring the variable, which in turn, happens to be all half assed, is some scripts I have it like Corruption, and other as Lust, so now I have to go over and make sure it's consistent throughout.
  2. Ugh. Almost got this shit. The arousal does go down when getting full, and the corruption bar gets filled a bit, but from then on...All kind of shenanigans. You would think something as simple as to add an extra arousal bar, basically, would be easy, but...
  3. Ok, so I decided to make the charm behavior a skill you need to obtain/unlock. Any suggestions? (And no, still not done with the corruption bar, now I'm at the point where other shit is starting to break)
  4. Also, when you're playing the next version (yes, it will happen, shut up), don't get scared if when you fill up the escape bar, chibi doesn't actually escapes. I figured it's kinda silly in these games that no matter how pinned or restrained the heroine is, once you fill the escape bar, you magically escape, so I made it that filling the bar will take you straight to the cum phase, and afterwards the animation ends like normal, that means any time you get grabbed, you'll get some damage no matter what, but filling the escape bar quickly means less dmg taken.
  5. I just made it so that whenever the arousal or corruption bars increase, they blink white. Hmm, I should do that with the willpower one too. This made me think on about the issue of screen pollution with all the things you need to look at while grabbed (hud, escape bars, chibi dialogue, and of course, the animation itself), so this bar blinking made think, what if the dmg numbers appeared on the bars, rather than on top of chibi herself?
  6. Ok, finally got the corruption bar working, arousal fills to max, then cumming, bar depletes, and while its depleting, the corruption fills, and it stops filling when the arousal empties... The first time XD I need to test what happens multiple times in a row. Also fixed the health bar that I didn't even noticed was broken, the red "lazy bar" underneath it wasn't showing so that's done too. Also also now all bars flash when they change value, so I think that can be an alternative to dmg numbers during grabs, so the chibi dialogue can still be where it is now and not get HUD pollution. Also also also, I realized I walked myself into a corner doing the different struggle variation animations, because for now, I had to disable the struggle/charming animations for the turned and horny variations of the struggle idle animations, because it looked to jarring the sharp change in position... So I guess I'll have to make in-between transitions for those...or scrap them :V Also also also also; I'm having trouble doing the auto depletion for the struggle bar, because I had to change the code so the change in value is not dependent on the frame rate, I have to add the delta value to it, which is basically the time in ms a frame takes to be processed, so depending on the fps you get, this number changes, and thus makes any behavior you add it to it, behave the same no matter what the fps is; so for example, all of chibi's movement is like this, otherwise she would walk like the flash if you ran the game at, 200fps or something. Pretty much what's on the plate right meow.
  7. Oh that's right, on other news, I just deleted today a comment on the blog by a brave person that is not afraid to speak on the internet by the name of anonymous, complaining about the games not being free; and I just wanted to double check with you but; you know that you can just "buy" the games for $0 on itch.io right?
  8. Some mock ups for the enemy counter icon for the HUD. The idea is that to be able to progress, you need to capture a certain amount of enemies. At first I was thinking a generic icon, which is kinda hard due to the diversity of enemies; and then I thought maybe each area will have a particular requirement, so the water area will require chibimaids, but then I thought I would have to only have 1 type of enemy in each area, but then I though that would be silly, you can have a mix, but only one type is required for progress.
    Image
  9. Ok, finally mustered enough courage (or lack of lazyness) to do chibiDarktsuko. Quite a tall gal.

    Image


And lastly, here are a bunch of doodles made in that time.










4 comentarios:

  1. Update hell yesss!!!!!!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Omg look at it all 😍

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Been here since 7 years and after all this time I finally got a gf.
    Time to convince her to play that game.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. It's truly interesting to see how the development goes, good luck man

    ResponderEliminar

Entrada destacada

Chibi SpacEscape Road Map

I'm gonna pin this post here to let you know what's to come, what I'm currently working on, and what will the next version have....