viernes, 5 de marzo de 2021

Progress Report

 Pause menu is almost done. Added gamepad functionality (you can still use the mouse), you can move to the different buttons, activate them and cancel, all with sounds, also the progress bar updates with whatever skills you have adquired. While I was at it, and adding whatever to fill in types of shot, I started to think how I would do the ice one, and realized it would be pretty easy, so I went and did it; right now works on the slimes, you shoot them and the freeze in place, you can't attack them further, but their collision gets enabled when frozen and you can step on them, so that could be useful; I also added the code to use damage types, that will let me have resistances and weaknesses, and since the floating damage numbers are working (1000% better than in the flash game, might I add), I will be able to do them like I wanted but couldn't do back in the day, something like in the DS Castlevanias, where if you hit an enemy with an attack they are resistant to, they'd flash blue, if you hit them with their weakness, they would flash red, and they would flash normal if you hit them with a neutral attack; I will also make it so that the bigger the damage you do, the bigger the floating damage numbers will be.

Then I have to make the save room and implement the save/load feature, since there's something to save now; don't know yet  I would add some type of encrypting to it (since I'm pretty sure Godot will just create a text file as a save), this little thing is not exactly what you would call challenging (not yet, at least), btw, for those who played the latest version; did anyone managed to get the wavebeam without any skill? How tough is that jump in your opinnion? But I digress, so yeah, if ppl would want to mess with the save file who am I to stand in their way? But I think at least I will have a basic layer of encrypting, just so the save is not a lousy text file.

2 comentarios:

  1. Since you speak about it: what is the added value for encrypting the saves here?
    I can understand for games which relate success and payment, like gachas, to not lose cash.
    I can understand for multiplayer games, to avoid one player messing the game of the others.
    But what is the point here?

    Not that I think you shouldn't do it, but I am curious about what would push a game developer to implement that in this kind of game.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Games are games because they have rules; change the rules and you're changing the game you're playing. Think like the first season of the yugioh anime, I don't know what they were playing there, but it definitively wasn't yugioh.

      All video games have an intended experience in mind, best case scenario is players get to experience that, but you always have the odd ball that does things in unexpected ways get the bugs, or sequence break the game, etc. Then you have the ppl that have no interest in playing, but just get to an specific content, so they hack it.

      Regardless, you should do as much as it's in your power to ensure players get the experience you envision.

      Eliminar

Entrada destacada

Chibi SpacEscape Road Map

I'm gonna pin this post here to let you know what's to come, what I'm currently working on, and what will the next version have....