viernes, 4 de septiembre de 2020

Ultradirector's Log#123

Vat this? Clothes? What madness is this?!

On a serious note, I'm still not entirely sure how I'm gonna handle different outfits in Godot. My biggest fear is that I will have to have a separate sprite variation for each outfit, so for example, if Mitsuko's animations are 500 frames, that number will be multiplied by the number of clothes in the game, so at the very least 1000 (clothed and naked), up to whatever it is, that's a lot of images, so. Let's hope Godot has some sorta way to nest sprites inside themselves, so I can use a variable to control what sprites are shown.

Mmm... Now that I think more about it, I think it's irrelevant, because to use the frames in Godot, I have to export them to png anyway. There's also the issue of alignment, if I were to export just the clothes, most likely they won't fit exactly since they would be different dimensions- speaking of dimensions, there's the resolution thing, I'm guessing I should start making them for 1080p full screen use for starters. 

2 comentarios:

  1. Only those hat have dabbled can say game development is hard. I've tried, but not dabbled, and already I could see the horizons of how much blue pudding pop fuckery tough it can get.

    But I guess that is what this trial game is for. Shuck out the wheat and all that.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Now I realize why they never visually change the appearance of the hero in games that have multiple sets of armors, like the metroidvania games.

      Eliminar

Entrada destacada

Chibi SpacEscape Road Map

I'm gonna pin this post here to let you know what's to come, what I'm currently working on, and what will the next version have....