jueves, 23 de septiembre de 2021

Status Report

 I'm working on the submit system. Right now I'm still on the fence on whether or not to keep the downed state, since the enemies most enemies attack on melee range, so when they knock chibi down, there's really not time to fill the bar and get up, so it kinda is an necessary step. I felt that way in the original too. I'll leave it for now, but if I don't find a good excuse for it, it's gone.

So right now the submit only affects the grabbing and snuggling states; I made a nice pink flash screen effect and a text notification on corruption gained. I'm also playing with audio effects to have a moan with echo at the moment of submission, and also would liek one for when Will (Hp) reaches 0.


As of right now, to escape, you wiggle left/right, and to submit, you press Up/Down, but I think I might simplify this and just making it mashing Left to escape and Right to submit, since the new escape bar is oriented that way. Next order of business is what submitting actually does, both in regards to impact to the game state, and the motivation; because I don't want it to be just for thristy bois, it has to have some reason to be.

Probbly no one remembers, but waaay back in the day, there was this poor fella that was making a RE hentai game, called RE Progeny (the link to it still works), he actually made me the title screen song for the flash game, but I digress. In that game, there's a stamina system in place in order to escape zombie grabs, so if you don't manage it properly, you might get into an unscapable grab, for those cases, there's a submit option, wichi saves hp, in exchange for gaining corruption and virus infection. So the submission actually has gameplay value instead of just giving access to more slutty dialogue.

That's what I want, the submission giving you something in exchange of something else; I just need to think of something that makes sense and is not so cookie cut as just mitigating dmg. I think my idea of having a dark path where you defeat enemies by sexing them is too soon to try in this chibi one, I'll save that for the remake; I'm still debating on the whole arousal bar and the horny status, I still don't know what I want to happen when chbi gets max corruption.


I removed the auto masturbation when horny, was causing too many animation glitches, and I never really liked it anyway, even if you know why it's happenning, it's never a good feel when the game takes control away from you "out of the blue", so that will be manual going forward, I'm thinking for startes it will serve to lower the arousal bar without gaining corruption, or restoring hp at the expense of gaining a bit of corruption; of course, there's no need to have the masturbation be a trade off, but that sort of thing always adds a lil'bit of deep or strategy, I always liked how in Super Metroid you lose energy when doing a shinespark, it was a nice little immersion thing, sadly it never actually comes into play, save for being a hindrance in low% speed runs, so I get why they took it out in the next games, but a nice tough nonetheless.


Also working on the "happy" state for the enemies, I... Actually don't remember if I added that to the original, that after sex the enemy stays there, laying satisfied, allowing you to get away, but if I didn't, I will now, chibi will also stay in the ground a bit after sex, but only if the animationplayed all the way of course, no sense on it happenning if you wiggle out.


There's a lot more work in store, but I won't bore you with the details. As for the next build, I want to have the submit mechanic done, and the enemies to have more behaviors, there still will be the same 2, but there's gonna be more interaction with them, and hopefully it will be more interesting.


UrielManX.exe logging out

12 comentarios:

  1. You could replace the downed state with a grab like on the very early Mitsuko Flash? Or the Downed State doesn't need to be totally scrapped. It could be a Status Effect, like "Stunned", and could be it's own thing.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I feel like the get up bar might be bugged. In Chibi 0.55 I have to mash like crazy on A, D *and* the left, right arrow keys to get out of it. (I had the weirdness with auto masturbation and camera zoom being off sometimes too, which fixes itself so not too bad.)
    I LOVE the difference in crouch animation when horny and that it leads to different masturbations depending on status. That is such a cool detail. Really adds to the feeling that the character is changing and it's not just a status effect label.

    The game itself so far was pretty good. Controlled well. With decent level design I can imagine the Metroidvania being fun to explore.

    <3

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Urielmanx7 can you add a gun that shrinks enemies and leaves them standing on the spot and the option for the cute catgirl to pick them up and swallow them?
    Vore fans will love that and it would be a creative way to eliminate the enemies.
    Thanks for developing this,i played this super early prototype and had a blast.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. You can suggest anything you want, except fetishes. I don't give a shit about other ppl's fetishes/likes. I'm making this game for myself, and it will have the stuff I like, nothing more, nothing less.

      Eliminar
  4. I think the way to do the submitting/lust buildup would be to make it a tradeoff. You've got two states as it is, clear-headed and aroused. Keep the normal clear-headed state as it is, but give the aroused state some changes like faster base movement and enemies dropping items once satisfied at the cost of being instantly grappled and with Chibitsuko being unable to use abilities like the light dash. That incentivizes players to submit early on for the power boost, but learn to avoid it as they gain abilities from completing the rooms.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. If you make the submit option a fill bar the same way the struggle to escape bar is, how would you feel about a separate animation while filling the submit bar? Like the wolf for example, instead of just petting him on the head, the animtion changes so she is spreading open her labia for him to lick her deeper with one hand and maybe rubbing her clit with the other hand?

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Urielmanx7, i think you should sell/distribute your game on Gamejolt too, doing so will help you to get more fans from Gamejolt is 100% tolerant of all kind of fictional bestiality,lolicon and shotacon so your game will be accepted with no issues.

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Don't you think it would be a good idea to add a mobile version in the future?

    ResponderEliminar
  8. I'd like to see some sort of "reputation" system that lets you get friendly with one type of enemy, granting boni associated with that type, and piles up mali with another type. This kind of choice makes the experience somewhat customizable.

    For example, right now we have wolves and slime. Let's say those two hate each other's guts. If the player now decides to submit to wolves more willingly and they get friendlier with each other, the PC could get wolf boni like being faster or dealing more melee damage. However, now she stinks of wolf obviously. While other wolves would be happy to see her, maybe become very needy/begging for sex instead of attacking, the slimes do not like that. They get more aggressive and deal more damage.

    The idea is to be able to balance this up until the point of "hard locking" reputation with one enemy to unlock an ultimate ability (summoning a friendly NPC in combat, for example) but permanently setting this groups natural enemy to hyper aggressive and tougher.

    No idea whether this is achievable, but it's a neat idea :)

    ResponderEliminar
  9. UrielManx7 sensei,how about you add a high level tier on your Patreon and/or Pixiv Fanbox that allows the patron to design a custom monster for your game that Chibitsuko can fuck(and get fucked by)?

    ResponderEliminar

Entrada destacada

Chibi SpacEscape Road Map

I'm gonna pin this post here to let you know what's to come, what I'm currently working on, and what will the next version have....